God intends for us to walk in victory in this life. Yes, there will be challenges, however those challenges should not keep up from fulfilling our divine purpose. In Rom 5:17 we read that through the “abundance of Grace and the gift of righteousness” we have the potential to reign in life. Reigning in life is a potential and possibility for every believer, however it requires revelation of God’s Word and a determination to make the right choices. Today let’s look at five key points about righteousness: Righteousness is defined as “right standing with God”, “the character or quality of being right or just”. E.W. Kenyon’s definition of righteousness is, “the ability to stand before God without guilt, shame, condemnation or inferiority.”
1. We are redeemed, ransomed or bought with the precious blood of Jesus.
2. We are Delivered, conveyed or transferred out of Satan’s kingdom into the Kingdom of God.
3. We are free from all our sins, guilt, shame and condemnation.
4. Righteousness is a free gift. It can’t be earned or bought.
5. All our successes, victories and triumphs are in and through Jesus.
Meditate on Rom 5:17 until it becomes real to you. Remember it’s the truth you know and walk in that sets you free.
Pastor Carl Benton