We know that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has become a worldwide concern and is on everyone’s minds. So, we wanted to take a few moments to send you this special note to encourage you in your faith and in some practical steps you can take.
While it’s good to be informed, don’t allow the plethora of media reports (sometimes confusing or contradictory) to create fear in your heart — rather, this is a good time for us as believers to stay anchored in the truth of God’s Word. Let your fearless faith shine as you trust in Jesus.
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
Psalm 91:5-7, 10-11
“Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you. …
9 If you make the LORD your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter
10 no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.”
Thankfully, as of 10 AM on March 12, there are only a few known cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) in Louisiana. Our state leaders are doing their best to prepare Louisiana for any more potential cases.
We wanted you to know, we are planning to hold our regularly scheduled services at Living Glory Church and we want to assure you that we are dedicated to offering a clean and safe environment. Our janitorial team regularly and thoroughly cleans our buildings — giving special attention to surfaces that are commonly used and touched. In addition, hand soap is available in the bathrooms and we now have a supply of alcohol-based hand sanitizers available for use at every service. The sanitizer pumps are located at the entrance of the Sanctuary and Administration building from the foyer. Please use them as you enter either of the buildings. We will continue to monitor the situation and we will follow recommendations from federal, state and local government agencies should they be given.
As a general rule, if you are feeling unwell online viewing is the perfect way to be part of the church. You can watch our Sunday morning live services online on the Living Glory Church Facebook page .
The CDC has issued practical ways that you can lessen the spread of the Coronavirus — should there be any future cases in Louisiana or if you travel to places where there are cases of the virus:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home if you are not feeling well.
• Cover your mouth and nose with your forearm when coughing and sneezing.
• Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time. Use soap and water when possible.
• If no soap and water are available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
• For the next several months, use your faith and wisdom, but consider giving your friends a wave or elbow bump rather than shaking hands or hugging one another.
• For more: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
On the practical side — we encourage you to prepare now (while there are only a few cases of Coronavirus in Louisiana) for any potential issues with supply chains or in the event of any spread or unexpected quarantines. We recommend all LGC members prepare by doing the following:
• Be sure to refill your important prescription medicines and keep extra Tylenol or Motrin on hand.
• Keep 14-21 days of essentials on hand — things like disinfectants, water, paper products and non-perishable food.
Finally, keep your own heart encouraged by spending time with the Lord in prayer, praise and reading His Word . We love you and we are praying for you,
Pastors Carl and Belinda